Nepal, officially the federal Democratic Republic of Nepal is a landlocked central Himalayan Country in south Asia. It has a Population of 26.4 Million and is the 93rd largest country by area. [Bordering China in the north and India in the South. east, and west, it is the largest sovereign Himalayan State.
Nepal Has a Diverse geography, including fertile plains, subalpine forested hills, and eight of the world’s ten tallest mountains, including Mount Everest ,the highest point on Earth. Kathmandu is the nation’s capital and largest city. It is a multiethnic nation with Nepali as the official language.
Buddha Was Born In Nepal
The territory of Nepal has a recorded history since the Neolithic age. The name Nepal is first recorded in texts from the Vedic Age, the era which founded Hinduism, the predominant religion of the country.In the middle of the first millennium BCE, Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, was born in southern Nepal since the 8th century.
Modern Nepal is a federal secular parliamentary republic. It has seven states. Nepal is a developing nation, ranking 145th on the Human Development Index (HDI) in 2014.
Peace keeping Country
Nepal hosts the permanent secretariat of the south Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), of which it is a Founding member . Nepal is also a member of the Non-Aligned Movement and the Bay of Bengal Initiative. Nepal has long standing bilateral treaties with the United Kingdom since 1923, India since 1950, and china since 1960. The Military of Nepal is the fifth Largest in South Asia and is notable for its Gorkha History, particularly during the world wars, and has been a significant contributor to United Nations Peacekeeping operations.
Nepal at Glance
Between India & the Tibetan Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China.
- Area & Population
147,181Sq.Kms & Approximately 22 Million
- Latitude & Longitude
26’12’ and 30’27’ North & 80 degree 4′ and 88degree 12’East
Kathmandu located at center of Nepal
Winter (December – February) Summer (March – May) Monsoon (June – August) Autumn (September – November)
- National Bird & National Flower
Impean Pheasant (Danfe) & Rhododendron Arboreum (Lali Gurans)
Over 100 Ethnic Groups & 70Spoken Language
Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
From the World’s Deepest Gorge ‘Kali -Gandaki’ , to the highest point on earth Mt. Everest at 8848m.
Nepal Possesses some of the most outstanding bio-diversity in the world,ranging from sub -tropical Rain- forests to Alpine Deserts
Climate ranges from sub- tropical in the low lands to arctic higher altitudes.
- National Festivals
Dashain, Tihar, Shivaratri, Nepali New Year (Baishak First),Tej,Chat etc.
Important Facts to Learn about Nepal
- If you wish to travel to Nepal from India, you need to make plan and move instantly like you are travelling to some other state in India.
- Indian vehicle is allowed to carry on payable of daily charges of INR 350 on a daily basis at the Nepal boarder.
- No Passport or Visa is required to travel Nepal.
- We have multiple direct flight from Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai. Apart from this, we have direct bus services from Delhi, Patna and many other cities of India.
- Many India – Nepal boarder are well connected by trains.
- Hindi, English is well spoken and understood by all the people of Nepal.
- All varieties of Indian food like Roti, dal, Paratha, vegetable, Idly, Vada, Pori, Wada Pau etc. are easily available in Nepal.
- The climate of Kathmandu and most places of Nepal is very Pleasant. It is something which will make you love to stay forever in Nepal.
- Safety & Security is the most important factor. You might have not heard such cases which is heard in other parts of World This is also considered as one the Peace full country in the world.
- The Culture , Society and festivals are same like in India .