Study Medicine in India – The Best Medical Courses Available in India
To study medicine in India, one must be aware of the massive choices they have. Any student who is willing to get into any of the medical colleges in India has to get through a lot of examinations and preparations.
Depending on the right moment and availability of seats in the medical colleges of India, one can get a chance to get a place for pursuing their medical degree.
It does not really matter what degree they pursue, it can be an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate degree. There is a race that goes on in every nook and corner of India regarding medical studies. Medical studies in India are more or less the first priority for every student who belongs from a science background. Overall, this depends on the candidate too.
The way of preparation and the roadmap that they will carry has a lot to do with the admission part. Right now, the admission procedure has begun. So, we aim to provide the best resources available for studying medicine in India.
This blog completely focuses on the resources that will give you details about the colleges available in this country. The ever-lasting demand for doctors in our society will push our medical colleges in order to develop greater medical professionals.
As a matter of fact, this will enhance the healthcare industries of our country. The medical courses that are available in the colleges are basically classified into two categories – undergraduate medical degrees and postgraduate medical degrees.
In the following part, you will get to understand the medical courses available for your medical studies in India.
List of Undergraduate Medical Courses in India
The list of undergraduate medical courses in India depends on certain criteria as well.
The eligibility criterion is to clear the NEET examination. This entrance examination holds the power that selects or makes an aspirant eligible for some major medical degrees.
Hence, we will classify the following medical undergraduate courses according to the requirement of NEET for admission in these courses.
Undergraduate courses that require NEET for admission procedure in India
- • MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
- • BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- • BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
- • BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery)
- • BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery)
- • BYNS (Bachelor of Yoga and Naturopathy Sciences)
- • B.V.Sc & AH (Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry)
Undergraduate courses that do not require NEET for admission purposes
- • Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- • Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- • Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
- • Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- • Bachelor of Science in Cardiac and Cardiovascular Technology
- • Bachelor of Perfusion Technology or Bachelor of Science in Cardio-Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
- • Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- • Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- • Bachelor of Science in Genetics.
Henceforth, the above courses that are listed are available in a wide range for medical aspirants in India. The medical aspirants in India can get some amount of clarity from the above list. This will eventually help them in selecting from a bucket full of options to pursue an undergraduate medical degree.
Additionally, we will provide you with a list of postgraduate medical degrees as well. The postgraduate degree also requires you to sit for an entrance exam that is generally known as NEET-PG.
List of Postgraduate degrees in India
The postgraduate degrees available in India are one of the best preferred postgraduate courses around the world.
The authenticities of the colleges that present the post-graduate courses in India are globally recognized as well. Before moving on to the list, you must know the eligibility criteria for pursuing post graduate degree in India.
Criteria for pursuing postgraduate degree in India
The following criteria are highly dependent on the admission part of pursuing a post-graduate degree in India.
An aspirant needs to make sure that they have the following requirements inside their bucket.
- • An MBBS degree or a degree equivalent to that. It must be from an authorized medical university.
- • Completed a 12-month rotatory internship in their last year of an undergraduate degree.
- • The provisional or permanent registration certificate is strictly issued by the National Medical Commission or State Medical Council
Now, there are a countable number of specializations involved in a postgraduate medical degree.
The number of postgraduate degrees available is-
- • Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- • Master of Surgery (MS)
- • Diplomate of National Board (DNB)
We will be listing down the specializations that are accessible in every postgraduate medical degree. Hence, we request you to take a closer look at the following lists.
Specializations for MD are as follows-
||Skin and Venereal diseases
||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
||Preventive and Social Medicine
||Tuberculosis and Respiratory Disease
||Emergency and Critical Care
Now, we will provide you the list of specialization in MS-
||Ear. Nose and Throat
||Obstetrics & Gynaecology
||Dermatology & Venerology and Leprosy
You can get the necessary details for DNB specializations on our website. You can also have access to our counseling service which provides an immense amount of details for your help. The admission and application procedure heavily depends on the NEET examination.
This is applicable for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Hence, the marks you obtain for your NEET decides your fate in studying medicine in India.
For further updates, you can always contact our team for having great clarity in MBBS and medical admissions in India. It will give you immense knowledge about all the medical colleges in Indi and their admission procedure as well.